Service discover with an iPhone using bonjour RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone used Bonjour to browse for a service which has been published on an iPhone sitting on the same WIFI as the PC.  I have used the sample code in VB which comes with the Bonjour SDK, but it doesn't find the iPhone service.

If anyone has done this or has an VB (PC side) code to help, I would love to hear from you.

thanks,

Anton

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• I worked this one out.  If anyone needs some code - contact me.

regards

Anton

Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:55 PM

All replies

• I worked this one out.  If anyone needs some code - contact me.

regards

Anton

Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:55 PM
  • I'd love some help with this if you can, I'm currently working on getting a Windows App set up to simply 'push a key' when the iphone sends a corresponding message but have little experience on the Windows side.
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:09 PM
  • Hello SydneyWaterBoy,

I am trying to make a chat application for iphone which can communicate with windows desktop app, I found this url , which explains about iphone part, and i downloaded bonjour sdk for windows also and tried to run its sample app... both application (iphone, windows desktop) are able to find each other, but some how not able to connect to each other, I mean when I add iPhone's published service in windows, I don't get notification in iPhone app and also vice versa.

Please guide me to make it working..

Best wishes,

Sanniv.

• Proposed as answer by Prakash Rathod Friday, December 17, 2010 10:17 AM
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hello,

if you find any solution please mail me on prakashrthd@gmail.com, i can not found any solution....

thanks

Friday, December 17, 2010 10:19 AM