How can I start the Collect Signatures workflow automatically when I add a document to Document Lib RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Sharepoint 2007/VS2008/Infopath 2007

I basically have a number of documents (Purchase Orders) that get uploaded to a document library. I need to add a signature line in them and then auto start a "Collect Signatures" workflow.

Can this be done in VS 2008 Workflow Code/Sharepoint Designer Code?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

John.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:08 PM More workflow than Programming (look at the final question) (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Edited by John Guilbert Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:45 PM

Answers

• There are no OOTB workflow actions in SharePoint Designer 2007 that can start a SharePoint Designer workflow.  A custom action would be needed.  But a workflow that updates a field for an item in the list can start another workflow that is set to start "On Change"
    Fred Ellis - MSFT - "Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread."
    • Marked as answer by John Guilbert Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:40 AM
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hello John,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:41 AM
  • There are no OOTB workflow actions in SharePoint Designer 2007 that can start a SharePoint Designer workflow.  A custom action would be needed.  But a workflow that updates a field for an item in the list can start another workflow that is set to start "On Change"
    Fred Ellis - MSFT - "Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread."
    • Marked as answer by John Guilbert Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:40 AM
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 2:06 PM