XF Shapes - Default constructor not found for type Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.EllipseRenderer RRS feed

• Question

• User392758 posted

I am using Xamarin forms Shapes on my main project to draw circle. I have also added necessary flags on the platform files, it works fine on Android. But on iOS when the page that contains Shapes is about to load the app throws an exception as follows,

Default constructor not found for type Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.EllipseRenderer.

To test I have created a sample application that has only a page with Shape and it works fine on Both platforms.

Any clue what could be the reason for this exception on specific project.

Thanks in Advance

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 9:23 AM

All replies

• User369979 posted

Xamarin.Forms Shapes is still in preview: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/user-interface/shapes/ Have you added the Shapes_Experimental flag before the Forms.Init(); in the AppDelegate: Forms.SetFlags(new string[] { "Shapes_Experimental" }); global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(); Did you create a renderer for it in iOS?

Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:32 AM
  • User373157 posted

A little late......but maybe someone else stumbles over it...

I had the same problem... i was able to solve it by updating a plugin that had referenced an older Xamarin.Forms version The latest version of this plugin also uses the latest Xamarin.Forms.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:46 AM