none
How to authenticate & connect to Microsoft Graph platform from within an outlook addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I want to connect authenticate & connect to Microsoft Graph platform from within an outlook addin that I have already created. Post connection I want to make calls to endpoints of Personal Contact https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/resources/contact 

I already have created the outlook addin from VS2015 which is using Java Script/ HTML for addin front end &  c# controller for server side.  

How can i authenticate, connect & make call to Graph Methods from c# controller ?

Appreciate your support

Thanks

Nakul Virmani
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 4:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Nakul,

The Microsoft Graph supports two authentication providers:

When you decide which authentication provider meets your app's requirements, you need to register your app at that authentication provider's portal. Registering your app establishes your app's identity with the authentication provider, and enables your app to specify its identity when submitting authentication requests from the user.

After you register your app with the appropriate authentication portal, and have the app registration information (app ID, app secret, if applicable, and redirect URI) that you need to establish your app's identity, you're ready to implement authentication in your app.

Again, this will vary depending on the type of app you're building, your development platform, the authentication flow you choose, and any specific authentication requirements for your app.

For more information please visit the link mentioned below.

App authentication with Microsoft Graph

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 21, 2016 5:47 AM