none
Being prompted "Are you sure you want to remove all unpinned items from the list?" in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know why I would be getting this prompt the first time I access the File menu in a given Word 2013 session? 

Please note that I am customizing the Backstage View...I have a VSTO add-in that hides the Office Start tab using the following Ribbon XML. I am wondering if this ribbon modification is causing Word to show the unpinned items prompt as a side effect? That's the only thing I can think of that may be causing it. Has anyone else seen this "Remove unpinned items" prompt occur?

<tabidMso="TabOfficeStart"visible="false"/>

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I try to reproduce your issue with the XML below to custom Backstage View of Word 2013 application. The code works well in my machine without the alert above.

After researching, it's hard for me to find any information about this alert. I suspect whether it is a custom alert in your VSTO add-in? I suggest you checking it.

An easier way is to create a new Word VSTO add-in with a same Ribbon XML to custom the Backstage View. If the new add-in works well with no alert, it means your XML works and the alert may be related other code in your original add-in. If the new add-in encounters the same alert, I suggest you sharing your whole sample code for us to reproduce and troubleshoot.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="Ribbon_Load">
      <backstage>
        <tab idMso="TabOfficeStart" visible="false"/>
      </backstage >
    </customUI>

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:18 AM