none
Cannot install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 (0x800F0906 and 0x800F081F) RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing 3D printer driver CatalystEX 4.2 and it requires .NET Framework 3.5. I tried installing it and it keeps providing me with error 0x800F0906 (when it stopped during file download)and 0x800F081F (when the downloading bar was already filled).

I already tried the method given in ".NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907" (I cannot include links now) and none of them worked. Dism.log contains something like this

2016-03-15 15:36:17, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=7920 TID=7984 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-03-15 15:36:17, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=7920 TID=7984 The source files could not be found; their location must be specified using the /source option to restore the feature. - GetCbsErrorMsg
    2016-03-15 15:36:17, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=7920 TID=7984 Failed processing package changes with session options - CDISMPackageManager::ProcessChangesWithOptions(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-03-15 15:36:17, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=7920 TID=7984 Failed ProcessChanges. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_ProcessFeatureChange(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-03-15 15:36:17, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=7920 TID=7984 Failed while processing command enable-feature. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x800f081f)

Turning Windows features on or of also provide the same errors.

I also found about KB2966827 or KB2966828. I checked in my installed update and none of them are there, neither do KB3005628 which is suggested for the fix.

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance,

Veerachart

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

sry but simple basic question, is your driver for printer capable for WIN_8? If yes, maybe help run with Admin rights for sure.

Regards...

Duris_I

• Edited by Duris_I Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:23 AM
  • Dear Veerachart,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

After research, I found the update KB2933826 maybe also effect the installation, could you please check it is existing in your installed update or not, if it is installed, just uninstall it and try to install .NET Framework 3.5 again.

According to the error code: 0x800f0906 and 0x800f081f, I recommend you manually download the update: KB3005628 and install it, please refer to this document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3005628

If this issue still persists, I need your help to collect the log. Please upload the dism.log file to https://skydrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:35 AM
  • Hi Duris_I,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in the readme and it does not say it is compatible with Windows 8. Anyway, the installation process was successfully completed. Requirement for .Net Framework 3.5 comes when I try to open the program. Moreover, my friend is also using the program with Windows 8.1.

Regards,

Veerachart

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

thnx for info, but for my opinion is not good if don't know OS compatibility, because this can make problems with functionality. This kind of problem looks like some 3-rd party application/device driver, but I'm not agree with that situation if documentation doesn't say about OS compatibilty, that I can use that driver on any OS.

Regards...

Duris_I

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:15 AM
  • Dear Sara,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I cannot find the update KB2933826 in my installed update. In fact, I do not see updates for Windows, there are only updates for Microsoft Office and its programs.

I also tried to download the update KB3005628, but the application just opens a black command window with nothing, and closes it almost immediately. The .msu file also says the update is not applicable to my computer.

Best regards,

Veerachart

Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Dear Veerachart,

Please install all updates under Windows update then try to install .NET Framework 3.5 again. If this issue still persists, please upload the whole dism.log to https://skydrive.live.com/ and share the link here, it will help us to analysis this error.

Meanwhile, I recommend you download the Process Monitor tool and watch the event during .NET Framework installation and try to catch the detail error message, please refer to this document: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

BTW, which the update file did you downloaded from the following screenshot, please test another executable file according to your OS version.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, March 18, 2016 2:47 AM
  • Dear Sara,

I tried Windows updates but the installation also failed. Frankly, my Windows update did not show much,

Here is the dism.log

For the update file, I tried both x64 files, as well as the first x86 file.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:49 AM
  • Dear Veerachart,

Thank you for your update.

I have researched your dism.log and found the error message as below:

>>   DISM Package Manager: PID=3112 TID=6232  Error in operation: source for package or file not found, ResolveSource() unsuccessful. (CBS HRESULT=0x800f081f) - CCbsConUIHandler::Error

>>   DISM Package Manager: PID=3112 TID=7972 Further logs for online package and feature related operations can be found at %WINDIR%\logs\CBS\cbs.log

It looks like some required packages or files were missing or corrupted, please run the sfc /scannow command in the elevated command prompt and see if it will fix it or not.

You can also try to use another Windows Installation media and use it to enable the .NET Framework 3.5 feature, in case the current Windows Installation media is broken.

If this issue still persists, please upload the dism.log and cbs.log as you did before, it will help us to analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 10:00 AM