none
Pulling SharePoint User Profile Data into an Access Web App RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Access apps, so bare with me. I have just built an Access app to keep track of our hardware. I'd like to be able to pull a user's contact information from the Sharepoint directory into the database and connect their hardware to them. Is there a simple way to do this, or will it involve coding? - Thanks, Ben
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi BFelsing,

With Access web app, there is no directly way to achieve your requirement. I suggest you follow steps below to achieve your requirement.

1. Create a custom list in SharePoint
    2. Import user’s contact information into this list with SharePoint method
    3. Use Access web app link table function to link this list into Access web app.

If you have issues about creating list and import user information into this list, I suggest you go to forum below for help.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointdevelopment

If you have any issues about Access web app link table, please feel free to post a new thread in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi BFelsing,

>>What is the SharePoint method?

For this, you could refer the link below:

#Work with user profiles in SharePoint 2013

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163800.aspx

There might be other ways to get user profiles in sharepoint, and for this issue, I would suggest you go to sharepoint forum for help. They are more familiar with it. You could check the link in my above reply.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi BFelsing,

With Access web app, there is no directly way to achieve your requirement. I suggest you follow steps below to achieve your requirement.

1. Create a custom list in SharePoint
    2. Import user’s contact information into this list with SharePoint method
    3. Use Access web app link table function to link this list into Access web app.

If you have issues about creating list and import user information into this list, I suggest you go to forum below for help.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointdevelopment

If you have any issues about Access web app link table, please feel free to post a new thread in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Thanks for your response. What is the SharePoint method? I appreciate your patience, I'm new to SharePoint online. - Ben

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 10:44 PM
  • Hi BFelsing,

>>What is the SharePoint method?

For this, you could refer the link below:

#Work with user profiles in SharePoint 2013

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj163800.aspx

There might be other ways to get user profiles in sharepoint, and for this issue, I would suggest you go to sharepoint forum for help. They are more familiar with it. You could check the link in my above reply.

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 5:23 AM