none
Custom Web Outlook (OWA) authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create custom OWA authentication. For example, if you have default owa authentication, you will login using user's credentials, which is connected with Active Directory. In other words, you will login as Active Directory user. Is it possible to embed custom system of authentication which would allow not to use AD users? We would authorize users by external web server.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:37 PM

All replies

• No, the exchange authentication method is an integral part of Active Directory. If you could tell us, what exactly you want to achieve. There are many secure way to authenticate exchange from outside.

Thanks,

PK

LinkedIn:    Facebook:   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Edited by PK Sarangi Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:14 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Hello Prabodha Sarangi!
    Thank you for your answer.  I highly appreciate your help.

I want to have a custom  login web page, where I can login as  not AD user. After login I would like to be redirected to a standard owa messages page. I want to have only custom authentication without customizing anything else. According to your words it is not possible to make without AD users. But maybe there is some mix way? For instance, if my custome user is connected with an AD user, will it be possible to authenticate him in OWA?
    My way will be the following: I will login as a custom user in my login page. The password and the login will be sent to my server. At my server we will know that my custom user is connected with some AD user and we will send back his AD credentinals(login and pass) to my custom form .When I get them back at my custom form, can I authenticate to OWA? The matter is, in this point I will have AD users's credentials.
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:33 PM
  • Hi

This all is possible by developing a website, authenticate users from local website server, and redirect to OWA. You may ask a website developer, and they will do it for you. 

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:19 AM