Acess toolbox from one page to another?

Question

• Suppose i have image1 tool box in page_1,how can i access it's value image1.Source from page 2 ? 

me_techguy

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:48 AM

Answers

• A more universal way would be to store the image information in your datamodel and then bind both page 1 and page 2 to the same underlying data.

That way the page implementations don't need to know about each other and can be readily changed independently. They can also share the loaded image and not just the string origin of the image.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:01 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You could pass a parameter to page2 with this value when you navigate to it using Frame.Navigate.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:10 PM
  • A more universal way would be to store the image information in your datamodel and then bind both page 1 and page 2 to the same underlying data.

That way the page implementations don't need to know about each other and can be readily changed independently. They can also share the loaded image and not just the string origin of the image.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:01 PM
    Owner