locked
URGENT : Help with Expressions RRS feed

  • Question

  •  I am doing this for one of the fields in the Report

    =IIf(IsNothing(Fields!Status_CD.Value),"NO","YES")

    I am able to get the output on my local machine...However, when I put this .rdlc with this expression I get an error in the production server as such

    • An error occurred during local report processing.
      • The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.
        • An unexpected error occurred while compiling expressions. Native compiler return value: ‘[BC2001] file 'C:\WINNT\TEMP\shivebkf.0.vb' could not be found’.
        •    

    Any ideas suggestions would be helpful..And how and where do we catch errors in the report.

    ---Thanks -----

     

    Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:01 PM

Answers

  • In the Destination Machine ..check to see if the TEMP directory has read/write priviledge.

    Making this temp directory read/write solved my prob

    Try this and let me know

     

    Friday, October 13, 2006 1:26 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I'm also facing the same problem. did u find any solution?

    Friday, October 13, 2006 5:05 AM
  • In the Destination Machine ..check to see if the TEMP directory has read/write priviledge.

    Making this temp directory read/write solved my prob

    Try this and let me know

     

    Friday, October 13, 2006 1:26 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I'll try it out & let u know. In the mean time I tried the same thing on another computer, it has absolutely no problem!!! It works as expected.

    The difference between these two machines is the OS (both have ntfs fs),

    win2k3 DC- it works if report contains simple expressions i.e =Fields!myField.Value, if the expression is altered (=Fields!myField.Value & " TEST"), it throws up the error

    winXp- it works :-)

    I need to investigate what causes this - permission issues, trust level,code access - it seems reportviewer needs full trust to work properly, since it uses the native/com DLLs, IIS ver or anything else!!!

    Thanks for the reply.

     

     

    Friday, October 13, 2006 4:15 PM
  •  ataparia wrote:

    In the Destination Machine ..check to see if the TEMP directory has read/write priviledge.

    Making this temp directory read/write solved my prob

    Try this and let me know

     

     

    Im having the same problem and I tried givin more permissions in the C:\Windows\Temp and removed the readonly setting onm that dir but it didnt work unfortunately. If anyone has any other suggestions please post.....

    Jonas

    Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:54 AM
  • This was the solution to my problem....

    I concatenated firstname filed and lastname filed using & " " & expression.....

    Worked fine on my own devwebserver and local iis.

    When moved to a win2003 server the problem appeared.

    The application pool was running with local service as identity. When I changed to Local system it worked.....

    But this is not a very secure setting so I tried adding IIS_WPG group to c:\windows\temp using local service as identity, and that worked.....

    Good luck u all if u have the same problem....

     

     

    Monday, October 30, 2006 8:21 AM