none
Feature Date In Word File RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

I receive word files having date in below Format,

20 April 30086 12.40.16

Because of this format it gives error in C# application while creation of FileInfo object.

FileInfo fi = new FileInfo(FileName)//Exception : Not a valid Win32 FileTime. Parameter name: fileTime

Any idea how to correct date in this type of files ?

Thanks

• Edited by Viral84 Monday, June 20, 2016 9:51 AM Formatiing
    Monday, June 20, 2016 9:50 AM

Answers

• On my system your file's metadata returns a creation date, saved date and print date of: 9/10/2009 3:25:00 PM (i.e. 9 October 2009 @ 15:25:00). The operating system, naturally, returns today's date & time for the creation & last-modified dates. That suggest a problem with the way you're retrieving the data and/or with your system.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:21 PM
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:36 AM

All replies

• >>>idea how to correct date in this type of files ?

According to your description, I am not clear about your issue, could you provide more information about it, for example full sample code, screenshot etc., that will help us reproduce and resolve it.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

Find document link reference, let's check document properties why it show feature that, this date creates issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B12pIBigSgsfWUNGaE80d2NFWW8

Thanks

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:08 PM
  • Hi Viral84,

Thanks for your providing sample document, I have downloaded this document file, but I am not able to find any information to help us reproduce and resolve your issue. Could you provide more detail requirement? what do you want to do?

Thursday, June 23, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Hello,

If you see statics Properties of this document,

It will show Modified Date as : 14 December 17869 08:29:55, here its seem like feature date, how its possible to have this kind of modification date ?

we are using C# application, having reference of Delimon dll for file operation(https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/DelimonWin32IO-Library-V40-7ff6b16c)

If we create FileInfo object for this kind of file, this Delimon dll throws exception.

Thanks

Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:15 AM
  • >>>t will show Modified Date as : 14 December 17869 08:29:55, here its seem like feature date, how its possible to have this kind of modification date ?

According to your description, I can not reproduce this issue. I open this document, then I get this result:

You could open this document file on an other machine or create a new document file to make this issue can be reproduced. Since this issue is not related to programing, I suggest that you could post your question on Technet forum for Word IT Pro Discussions

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=word

Friday, June 24, 2016 3:13 AM
  • On my system your file's metadata returns a creation date, saved date and print date of: 9/10/2009 3:25:00 PM (i.e. 9 October 2009 @ 15:25:00). The operating system, naturally, returns today's date & time for the creation & last-modified dates. That suggest a problem with the way you're retrieving the data and/or with your system.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:21 PM
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 3:36 AM