none
Dynamic shape colors: color palette? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a hard time finding guidance for this and am hoping someone can point me to the right guidance.

I have a number of visio files, all of them visual representations of workflows.  I have color-coded each, but if I want to change colors systematically (ie: hey, I want all of those things that are coded blue to be coded red instead) I currently would have to go to each file and re-color all of the shapes.  Obviously a poor solution.

Is there a way to define a color palette, tell visio to use that palette for various shapes, then allow for dynamic changes to that palette that would be reflected in the visio shapes?

I have explored Data Graphics and assigning color by shape value, but those colors are hard-wired.

Thanks for any ideas!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Mitofi,

To change the color of a share in Visio, we could get specific shapesheet, then set formula value.

For example:

Dim p As Visio.Shape
    For Each p In ActivePage.Shapes
      p.Cells("Fillforegnd").Formula = "RGB(255,102,0)"
    Next p

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Mitofi,

Your required may need some macro via VBA code. I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for General Develop forum

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:47 AM
  • Hi Mitofi,

To change the color of a share in Visio, we could get specific shapesheet, then set formula value.

For example:

Dim p As Visio.Shape
    For Each p In ActivePage.Shapes
      p.Cells("Fillforegnd").Formula = "RGB(255,102,0)"
    Next p

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:56 AM