none
Subreport not returning data

Question

• Hello,

I have created a report in VS 2008 r2 that contains 2 subreports (one for patient medications and the other for patient allergies). I am getting reports from my end users that some patients in the parent report are not having medications displayed when they run it. When you run the subreport alone, the medications for the patient in question will display, however, not when run within the parent report. It isn't happening for all patients - most patients' medications are displaying just fine except for these few.

Does anyone have any insight? Do I need to provide more detail?

Thank you!

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:20 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about SQL Server Reporting Services? This has nothing to do with Visual Studio, the subject of this forum.

Try posting in the appropriate forum under http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:07 PM
  • I am talking about Microsoft VISUAL STUDIO, but thanks anyway.
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 4:47 PM
  • Hi PMC_Gretchen,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For your question, if your VS has problem, running subreport alone must show the same result as parent report.
    But according to your description, your standalone subreport works fine. In this situation, we need to figure out if the root cause is pending on your project.

You could create a new report project, execute the same steps as previous one, connect to your Local database (new tables the same type as patient medications )

If you get the same result as before, would you mind offering us the detailed steps of create this report project, to see if we could reproduce on our side.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hi PMC_Gretchen,

This forum is to discuss the VS IDE, based on your description, it would be related to the specific report project.

So the specific project developing forum would be better for this issue.

Just to make this issue clearly, is it the SQL Server Reporting Services project?

If it is related to the SSRS, it has his own supported forum here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices

Or it is related to the report viewer:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vsreportcontrols

If possible, please share us more information, I will provide useful information or help you find a more appropriate forum.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 02, 2017 2:12 AM