none
Making WrkTaskIP.aspx Custom

Question

• Dear All,

I have a sequential SharePoint workflow.It creates the task proprely for the approver in the task list.When the approver click the task he is taken to WrkTaskIP.aspx..At the top of this page i have "This workflow task applies to 'item link (i.e the item for which the workflow is running' ".I need to change this link so that the appover is redirected to my custom link instead of the default link.

Can any one please help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance

Samiullah Khan

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Change the page in your workflow.xml file (assuming this is a custom workflow)

Dave
    Sunday, February 01, 2009 2:08 PM
  • Yes offcourse I have a custom workflow but sorry to say we don't have any place in workflow.xml file to define our own custom WrkTaskIP.aspx page.Could you please recommend another solution.

Sami

Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:47 AM
  • No, sorry, you misunderstood.  Create your own form and change the reference in workflow from WrkTaskIP.aspx to point to your form.  However, WrkTaskIP.aspx is just a wrapper around an InfoPath form so you'll need to make the change in the approporiate place.  I'm not sure off the top of my head whether that link is in WrkTAskIP or in the IP form itself.  Crack open WrkTaskIP.aspx and take a look.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:28 PM
  • Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply but i was busy with some company relevant work.This is my code of workflow.xml file..Could you please explain me where i can specify the link to My Custom "WrkTaskIP.aspx" page.I have customized "WorkTaskIP.aspx" and named it "WrkTaskIP3.aspx". Now what I want is to redirect the user to this customized page..When he clicks a task in the task list..What I need to do with this...As you can see there is no place in Workflow.xml code Where we can specify this. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <!-- _lcid="1033" _version="12.0.3015" _dal="1"   -->
    <!-- _LocalBinding   --><Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
     <Workflow
       Name="Roll Of Dice WF"
       Description="This Workflow rolls the dice for u."
       Id="6B56DACE-6D35-4e1f-97B7-5F716744D84A"
       CodeBesideClass="RollOfDiceWF.Workflow1"
       CodeBesideAssembly="RollOfDiceWF, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=993e6aa8af164e07"
       TaskListContentTypeId="0x01080100C9C9515DE4E24001905074F980F93160"

AssociationUrl="_layouts/CstWrkflIP.aspx"
       InstantiationUrl="_layouts/IniWrkflIP.aspx"
       ModificationUrl="_layouts/ModWrkflIP.aspx">

<Categories/>
      <!-- Tags to specify InfoPath forms for the workflow; delete tags for forms that you do not have -->
      <MetaData>
    <Task0_FormURN>urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:TaskForm:-myXSD-2009-01-30T06-46-58</Task0_FormURN>

<StatusPageUrl>_layouts/WrkStat.aspx</StatusPageUrl>
      </MetaData>
     </Workflow>
    </Elements>

Waiting for yours response.
    Thanks.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Dear All,

Does anyone knows about this issue..please help me out in this regard.

Thanks

Sami.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 9:16 AM
  • Sami,

Sorry, my bad....you kept saying "WrkTASK" and I kept thinking "Association Form"...I don't know why...

Anyway, to change the task form you want to change the URN in the <Task0_FormURN> element to the URN of your new InfoPath form.

Sorry again for the mixup,

Dave

Friday, February 20, 2009 1:01 PM