CertSrv keeps generating certs that start tomorrow. How to make it for today? RRS feed

• Question

• Maybe I'm just impatient but when I generate a cert I usually want to start using it immediately :-).

The generated certs have 1 year life starting always tomorrow. Maybe this is to assure me a full year cert rather than lose some of the issuing day but really I dont care about that end of the validity period. I have seen ways, in the forums, to change the cert's expiry date but not how to change the start date.

My application wont configure up a cert that is not valid (yet) so I have to wait until tomorrow to finish the configuration. The easiest solution for me is to issue the cert for today if possible rather than change the app.

I'm running CertSrv under IIS all on LongHorn 5384. My client is XP. I am in Australia (UTC+10) so I dont know if that is relevant.

P.S. I posted this question on SQL Server security also but that was probably the wrong forum since SQL server ignores the validity period.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 1:13 AM

All replies

• Oops!

The timezone on the server was GMT-8 (US), not GMT+10 (au) meaning the certs were out by nearly 24 hours. Should have checked this first I guess so sorry for the dumb question.

Simon.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:16 AM