SQL Server 2008 Replication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get a list of new SQL Server Replication functionality in SQL Server 2008.  Specifically enhancements to the various methods of replication (transactional, peer-to-peer etc) or new types.  I'm really after true master-to-master replication with conflict resolution, and ability to deal with identity columns therefore filling the "holes" in SQL Server 2005 replication.

Thanks,

Rich.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:58 AM

Answers

• If you use server to server replication, you might find peer to peer with conflict detection interesting. Also we support replicating the new data types introduced in SQL 2008.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:05 PM

All replies

• If you use server to server replication, you might find peer to peer with conflict detection interesting. Also we support replicating the new data types introduced in SQL 2008.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Thanks.  Can you please point me in the direction of where I can obtain some information on "peer to peer with conflict detection" as it does sound promising.

Friday, October 19, 2007 1:35 PM
  • This feature will be released in the CTP5 release of 2008. Some of the additional features that are available in CTP5 for P2P are

1: Online addition of new nodes to an existing P2P topology

2: A new P2P configuration wizard page with a topology viewer

Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:33 AM
  • The additional features i mentioned are already available in latest public CTP release

Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:34 AM