How to Run a Single Page on different Apppool from Application but on same IIS Site RRS feed

• Question

• User1203305613 posted

Hi,

I have an application(Application1) and I have a webpage (MyPage.aspx),The whole application (Application1) is run on an Apppool(say Apppool1) and IISSite.

I want to run Application1 on Apppool1 and MyPage.aspx on Apppool2,please suggest on how to proceed with same.

Any resources to change the web.config and IIS Settings.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:03 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

Hi,

I have an application(Application1) and I have a webpage (MyPage.aspx),The whole application (Application1) is run on an Apppool(say Apppool1) and IISSite.

I want to run Application1 on Apppool1 and MyPage.aspx on Apppool2,please suggest on how to proceed with same.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Application pools are bound to web applications and virtual directories not individual pages. 

You'll need to configure a new virtual directory within the current website that contains only the MyPage.aspx.  Then you can assign a different app pool to the virtual directory.  Otherwise, explain the problem you are trying to solve as there might be a better approach.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:05 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Kalyan,

KALYANA ALLAM

want to run Application1 on Apppool1 and MyPage.aspx on Apppool2

A site can contain one or more applications, and we can specify different app pool for application to isolate the application from other applications in other application pools on the server. If possible, you can make that specific web page as a separate application under your site and specify Apppool2 for that application.

You can know detailed information about sites, applications, and virtual directories in this documentation.

Besides, this article is about managing Application Pool, it might be helpful for you.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Hi,

Thanks,

Kalyan

Application pools are bound to web applications and virtual directories not individual pages. 

You'll need to configure a new virtual directory within the current website that contains only the MyPage.aspx.  Then you can assign a different app pool to the virtual directory.  Otherwise, explain the problem you are trying to solve as there might be a better approach.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:05 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Kalyan,

KALYANA ALLAM

want to run Application1 on Apppool1 and MyPage.aspx on Apppool2

A site can contain one or more applications, and we can specify different app pool for application to isolate the application from other applications in other application pools on the server. If possible, you can make that specific web page as a separate application under your site and specify Apppool2 for that application.

You can know detailed information about sites, applications, and virtual directories in this documentation.

Besides, this article is about managing Application Pool, it might be helpful for you.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:46 AM
  • User1203305613 posted

Thank you,

We are having issues with ReportViewer Control,which we run on Couchbase.We are getting timeouts for large datasets.

We like to isolate the Page which uses ReportViewer Control, running ReportViewer page in it's own AppPool, under the same IIS site, so that we can then use InProc state management.

I believe as suggested by you we need to create a virtual directory to run the Page which is giving the issue,please suggest if my understanding is correct.

Monday, January 22, 2018 12:14 PM