none
Convert from NC instance to NV instance RRS feed

• Question

• I am reaching out to see if it is possible to convert from a GPU based NC instance to a GPU based NV instance in Azure? We have determined that we require an NV instance for the application we are running and thus the question.

The systems are production and fully built out on the NC instance. This would make rebuilding a very time consuming process and thus the hope is that we can convert the machine type/ Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Rodney Cook

Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Rodney,

Can you please provide below information for assisting you better. I will reproduce the issue and will let you know the possibility on the Instance type change.

• OS Type
    • Region
    • Current VM Size

Thanks.

Friday, July 12, 2019 6:27 AM
  • Hello Rodney,

Thanks for posting your question here.

YES, the VM size change you are looking is possible.

I have reproduced the issue for testing the VM size change compatibility.

I created an Ubuntu VM of NC6 size and was successfully able to resize it to NV6 in North CentralUS.

Please note that you will have some downtime on VM in the process of VM size change. As the VM has to be Stopped (unallocated), resize the VM to new size and then Start the VM back.

Please find below screenshot of the testing I have done for your reference. 

Before VM resize - NC6

After VM resize - NV6

If the suggested answer has solved your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thanks.

Friday, July 12, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Hello Rodney,

Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer has solved your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thanks.

Monday, July 15, 2019 5:10 AM
  • Hi Rodney,

Is there any update

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:43 AM