Visual Studio C# 2010 Express Edition very slow! RRS feed

• Question

• I have Sony Vaio VGN-P530H mini laptop. I would like to do my work there because its light to carry is this laptop specs too low to run MS VS C# 2010? My laptop has Intel 1,3GHz CPU, 2GB RAM. I understand if loading page is slow or compiling is slow but just to write code....its way to slow! When I write something the letters will appear later, scolling is slow. It is only text editing, text writing. It should not be that slow...
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

your system is below the system requirements that Microsoft gives for Visual C# 2010 Express (1.6 GHz CPU). And the minimum requirements are really an absolut minimum where the software runs but it does not mean that you can really work with it.

The reason why the typing is that slow could be the IntelliSense that is working in the background. You could check the settings if you can disable some parts - but that will also affekt how good you can work with it.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by GaiusBaltar Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:04 AM
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

your system is below the system requirements that Microsoft gives for Visual C# 2010 Express (1.6 GHz CPU). And the minimum requirements are really an absolut minimum where the software runs but it does not mean that you can really work with it.

The reason why the typing is that slow could be the IntelliSense that is working in the background. You could check the settings if you can disable some parts - but that will also affekt how good you can work with it.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by GaiusBaltar Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:04 AM
    Sunday, April 1, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Visual Studio isnt fast on my 3.6GHz system so it must be dire on yours.

It takes ages to load up a project.

Visual studio 2010 is definitely slower than 2008.

2010 now comes up with a message saying "preparing solution" which takes whle to run.

n.Wright

Sunday, April 1, 2012 7:16 PM