HP Photosmart C310 issues with x86 Dev.Prev.

Question

• Hi,
    Just installed the Dev. Preview today. Everything works fine and most of my hardware was found automatically.
    The only Problem is the Printer: HP Photosmart C310 via USB
    I got the drivers from the HP Homepage so they are up to date. Starting the "basic" setup worked, even the printer was recognised but then the program didn´t continue (Step 8/9). Waited around 30 minutes but nothing. So I canceled and rebooted and tried again. But the Printer couldn´t be recognised any more and so I am looking for a solution.
    Any ideas, any help, anyone who has the same printer and managed to get it working?
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:28 PM

Answers

• HP Photosmart C310 via USB
    I got the drivers from the HP Homepage so they are up to date.

The current C310 drivers from HP.com are from 2010, they are not current with the WDP.

Since Windows 8 has not been released yet not all drivers are going to work with it. Some drivers are very specific about the operating system version, so you might have to wait until they release Windows 8 drivers (if they make them for your model).

If the drivers don't install, try installing them in compatibility mode.

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs/drivers:
    1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
    2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.
    3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in Windows 8.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:39 PM