none
Tools for auto generating code from wsdl RRS feed

• Question

• At some time in the past we have taken a wsdl file and used a tool, I'm assuming a .NET framework/Visual Studio tool but I'm not  100% sure on that, to auto generate classes from the wsdl to create a mock web service for us to test our client code against.

I now need to re-generate those classes as the source wsdl has changed but I'm unable to work out which tool may have been used previously. I'm aware of wsdl.ex, soapsuds.exe, xsd.exe and svcutil.exe but none of these tools seem to generate similar output:

soapsuds.exe and xsd.exe won't work on awsdl file.

svcutil.exe and wsdl.exe both want to produce a monolithic file containing the code whereas the output from the earlier tool's use is with each class in its own file, which is what I'd like to replicate...

Googling around leads me to believe that there's no hidden command line switches for either wsdl.exe or svcutil.exe that would output the content to a "file per class", unless of course you know different...

The classes generated by the historical run of the tool are decorated with the following attributes:

[System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("System.Xml", "4.0.30319.233")]
    [System.SerializableAttribute()]
    [System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()]
    [System.ComponentModel.DesignerCategoryAttribute("code")]
    [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="Call")]

Does this output look familiar to anyone who can say "oh it's from the widget.exe tool" or maybe it's "from wsdl.exe but with the /widget command line param"...

thanks, Ian

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:12 PM

Answers

• I'm able to answer my question myself... I eventually stumbled on the WSCF.blue tool that I had forgotten about as we had upgraded (well reformatted/reinstalled rather than upgraded) to Windows 7 a nmber of years ago I hadn't re-installed that tool.
    • Marked as answer by trencherman Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:15 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:15 AM

All replies

• I'm able to answer my question myself... I eventually stumbled on the WSCF.blue tool that I had forgotten about as we had upgraded (well reformatted/reinstalled rather than upgraded) to Windows 7 a nmber of years ago I hadn't re-installed that tool.
    • Marked as answer by trencherman Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:15 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Hi trencherman,

Well Done!

I am very glad that you have solved your problem by yourself, if you have any other question, welcome to post in this forum.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 22, 2015 5:55 AM