System Tray application information from PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• Question - Is there a way to get the text displayed when you hover over a system tray application with a mouse from PowerShell?

Back story / info - I have a PowerShell script set to run on my wife's computer on logoff which checks to see if there are any USB drives plugged in.  If there are, it copies the contents of the drives to the OneDrive folder (which is inside her Google Drive folder) on the laptop.  

The script uses the drive name as the root folder and maintains the structure below this.  My problem is, the files are copied to the computer and then the laptop shuts down.  They have not yet been synced to OneDrive or Google Drive.  This means they are always one running of the laptop behind as they will sync the next time it is turned on.

I would like to have the PowerShell script check the notification text of the Google Drive icon in the system tray on a determined basis (every 30 seconds) and if the text contains 'syncing', pause till the next check.  If the text contains 'sync complete', it would continue with the log off / shutdown of the system.

Randy

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, December 15, 2015 10:23 PM This is not Google app support forum
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 7:50 PM

All replies

• You will have to contract a developer to do that for you.  It is beyond the scope of the forum and of PowerShell.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, November 5, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I will double check in the Google Drive API documentation again to see if there is any way to get the status using it.  I haven't found it so far, but could have over looked it.
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 8:14 PM