ordered test stop at timeout error RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ordered test to run my Coded UI test cases. But right now I encountered a problem that automation run stopped at timeout error on certain test case. 

But I did check the option of 'Continue after failure', so the automation run should not stop by timeout error per my understanding.

Is there any quick turn around here? I would like to run my automation test cases overnight with no break even some test cases not work and throw timeout exception.

totta wang
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:46 AM

Answers

• I have the same problem, abort for timeout...

but... no solution!!

I've it often when i create an Ordered test of Ordered test. I've it always in the same test, i think that can be related with the code, but if i launch it separately, it runs correctly.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:09 AM
  • I think the time out value can be modified under test settings. modifying would eliminate the chance of test failing with time out.

-Ravi
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:42 AM

All replies

• I was also facing similar kind of issue. i.e. test execution stops whenevr any test run fails in between, due to existancy of the application menu. So, I used Try, Catch methods or Using clause to close the application and initiate the execution from Starting..

I hope this can help you.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:10 AM
  • I have the same problem, abort for timeout...

but... no solution!!

I've it often when i create an Ordered test of Ordered test. I've it always in the same test, i think that can be related with the code, but if i launch it separately, it runs correctly.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:09 AM
  • I think the time out value can be modified under test settings. modifying would eliminate the chance of test failing with time out.

-Ravi
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 9:42 AM
  • I set a time out but error persist.

I think that can be a bug of vs2010

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 2:16 PM
  • can you just post the piece of code 
    -Ravi
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:05 AM
  • Your solution was right, I solved the problem!!

I finded the correct time out setting, using Ordered Test of Ordered Test I'm working with only one test (Ordered), so I changed the time out

"Mark an individual test as failed if its execution time exeded".

thank you for your help

Fabio

Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:22 AM