Storage account issues during VM deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. When I am trying to deploy new VM with Azure CLI 1.0 I am getting in trouble with storage account. Below I pasted all the input and output in my console. 
    Beyond that, I am also facing an issue when I am trying to start using Cloud Shell: it proposes to create a new persistent file storage, when I am choosing "Create storage" with my valid subscription, it just turns in grey color, creates a cloud-shell... resource group and storage account (i checked that through other window), and that is all. I attached the screen how it stays for infinite time. 

C:\Users\Anton>azure group create -n new-eu -l westeurope
    info:    Executing command group create
    + Getting resource group new-eu
    + Creating resource group new-eu
    info:    Created resource group new
    data:    Id:                  /subscriptions/<subscription-id>/resourceGroups/new-eu
    data:    Name:                new-eu
    data:    Location:            westeurope
    data:    Provisioning State:  Succeeded
    data:    Tags: null
    data:
    info:    group create command OK

C:\Users\Anton>azure vm image list westeurope bitnami alfrescocommunity
    info:    Executing command vm image list
    + Getting virtual machine image skus (Publisher:"bitnami" Offer:"alfrescocommunity" Location:"westeurope")
    data:    Publisher  Offer              Sku     OS     Version      Location    Urn
    data:    ---------  -----------------  ------  -----  -----------  ----------  --------------------------------------------
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201605.2.27  westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201605.2.27
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201605.2.28  westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201605.2.28
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201605.3.0   westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201605.3.0
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201612.0.0   westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201612.0.0
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201701.0.0   westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201701.0.0
    data:    bitnami    alfrescocommunity  201602  Linux  201702.0.0   westeurope  bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201702.0.0
    info:    vm image list command OK

C:\Users\Anton>azure vm create -n alfresco2 -g new-eu -l westeurope -Q bitnami:alfrescocommunity:201602:201702.0.0
    info:    Executing command vm create
    Operating system Type:  linux
    + Looking up the VM "alfresco2"
    Enter username:  <user name>
    Enter password for <user name>: <password>
    Confirm password: <password>
    info:    Using the VM Size "Standard_DS1"
    info:    The [OS, Data] Disk or image configuration requires storage account
    + Retrieving storage accounts
    info:    Could not find any storage accounts in the region "westeurope", trying to create new one
    + Creating storage account "cli3ceb833fxxxx775914960" in "westeurope"
    + Looking up the storage account cli3ceb833fxxxx775914960
    error:   Either NIC Id or NIC name is required
    error:   Error information has been recorded to C:\Users\Anton\.azure\azure.err
    error:   vm create command failed

• Edited by Md Shihab Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:20 AM edited storage account info
    • Edited by Brodaua Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:34 AM
    Monday, May 29, 2017 1:16 PM

Answers

• @Brodaua - Do you face the exact same storage issue even during UbuntuLTS deployment? Could you try deploying the same resources via Azure Portal just to narrow the issue down further.
    • Edited by Md Shihab Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brodaua Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:59 AM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:22 AM

All replies

• last time I was testing bitnami it deployed resources in the ASM (classic) Azure, maybe you need to create classic storage accounts?

Cheers Christophe - Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you - www.cloudcrusader.com

Monday, May 29, 2017 5:53 PM
  • When I deployed it through user interface on the azure portal, using resource manager, it was okay. 
    And, actually, just simple UbuntuLTS deployment faces the same issue. 
    I think there are really serious troubles with something, or may be troubles just with my account. But all the story started when I installed new Azure CLI 2.0, and tried to make a new deployment, and got an issue just during the logging phase. After that I tried cloud shell, and again it does not work. And even CLI 1.0 does not work, throwing exceptions with storage account. 
    • Edited by Brodaua Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:07 PM
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:06 PM
  • @Brodaua - Do you face the exact same storage issue even during UbuntuLTS deployment? Could you try deploying the same resources via Azure Portal just to narrow the issue down further.
    • Edited by Md Shihab Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brodaua Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:59 AM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 9:22 AM
  • As I said before, Yes, I am facing the same issue, when I am trying to deploy UbuntuLTS using Azure CLI 1.0. 
    I am just running 3 simple commands, according to the tutorial: 
    azure login
    azure group create -n new-eu -l westeurope
    azure vm create -n ubuntu -g new-eu -l westeurope -Q ubuntults
    But it is okay, when I am using Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com).

I just checked portal, and now cloud shell is working, probably MS fixed some issues.
    For now, it is okay with me to work through Azure Portal, but in some cases I would like to do that with console. 

Probably I will close this topic, cause people are moving to CLI 2.0. But some problems like this are still open.

Sunday, June 4, 2017 10:59 AM