Visual Studio 2015 RC Missing Projects & Solutions RRS feed

• Question

• In VS 2015 RC the tab under

Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions

is missing!  In all versions of Visual Studio this panel exists, and more importantly, there is a check box "Always show Error List if build finishes with errors".

I want to turn off the Error List window, and I can't figure out how.  It has been suggested to merely "move" that window to some auxiliary monitor ... great solution :(

Many thanks for any real solutions.

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hi MartoMartascos,

Thanks for your reply.

>>I have a project that I promoted from VS 2013 (not sure if that fact is related to the problem), and it does not show the Project & Solution tab. 

From your description, could you please tell me whether you get same error message in this VS2013 or you get this issue in this VS2015 RC?

(1)If you just get the issue in this VS2015 RC, I suggest you could try to start the VS2015 RC as Admin and then click this Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions check if the issue is related to the VS2015 RC IDE. you still get the error message without creating any type project.

(1.1) If you get same error message, I suggest you try to repair or re-install this VS2015 RC check this issue again.

(1.2) If you did not get the same issue, I assume that this issue is related to the project itself issue, so you can try to create a new project check it.

(2) If you get same error message in this VS2013, please tell me more detailed message about it.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, June 5, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, June 8, 2015 10:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi MartoMartascos,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

According to your description, you mean that when you start the VS2015 RC and then go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions, but you could not see the Projects and Solutions tab in the Options dialog box like the following screen shot,a m I right?

If yes, I know that generally it is default that the Projects and Solutions tab is showed in the Options dialog box after installing the VS2015 RC.

So first of all, I suggest you could try to reset the VS setting file by going to the Tools->Import and Export Settings check this issue again.

If it still could not work fine, maybe you will need to repair or re-install this VS2015 RC check this issue again.

Hope it help you!

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:08 AM
  • Hello,

This is interesting.  I have a project that I promoted from VS 2013 (not sure if that fact is related to the problem), and it does not show the Project & Solution tab.  Here is a snaphot ...

[ I tried to supply a screenshot, but my account needs to verified, and I can't figure out how to do that]

What is interesting, is that if I create a new project from scratch, then the Projects & Solutions tab does show.  Do I need to "recreate" the project using VS 2015?  Is there some setting in the project or solution file that isn't migrating?

Monday, June 1, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Hi MartoMartascos,

Thanks for your reply.

>>I have a project that I promoted from VS 2013 (not sure if that fact is related to the problem), and it does not show the Project & Solution tab. 

From your description, could you please tell me whether you get same error message in this VS2013 or you get this issue in this VS2015 RC?

(1)If you just get the issue in this VS2015 RC, I suggest you could try to start the VS2015 RC as Admin and then click this Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions check if the issue is related to the VS2015 RC IDE. you still get the error message without creating any type project.

(1.1) If you get same error message, I suggest you try to repair or re-install this VS2015 RC check this issue again.

(1.2) If you did not get the same issue, I assume that this issue is related to the project itself issue, so you can try to create a new project check it.

(2) If you get same error message in this VS2013, please tell me more detailed message about it.

Best Regards

• Proposed as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, June 5, 2015 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Monday, June 8, 2015 10:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 10:39 AM