Create a new ODBC connection and new pivot table based on this connection thru POWERPIVOT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working in Excel 2016, I would like to have a sample code which will create a new ODBC connection in POWERPIVOT and then new pivot table based on this connection (Means a pivot table from POWERPIVOT)

I would like to create it from POWERPIVOT (Excel 2016)

Thanks,

Guy Zommer

• Moved by Chenchen Li Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:10 AM

Answers

• Not sure what you're really after here:

What's your reason for not simply access your ODBC-source via the GetData-way but instead trying to connect it directly via Power Pivot?

BTW: The pivot-tables that you create in Excel referencing your data model don't care at all where the data originates from.

Imke Feldmann TheBIccountant.com

Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:55 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Since you are developing with PowerPivot, I would move this thread into PowerPivot forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day! 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Not sure what you're really after here:

What's your reason for not simply access your ODBC-source via the GetData-way but instead trying to connect it directly via Power Pivot?

BTW: The pivot-tables that you create in Excel referencing your data model don't care at all where the data originates from.

Imke Feldmann TheBIccountant.com

Sunday, January 29, 2017 7:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Please kindly mark the correct solutions as answers, this could be beneficial to other community members who are facing similar issue. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:44 AM
    Answerer