none
Exchange ActiveSync Tasks (MS-ASTASK) RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an app to sync tasks using EAS.  I am able to successfully pass most information except for a percent complete and the status (options that I offer--similar to what Outlook 2013 has).  Looking through the MS-ASTASK documentation, it doesn't look there are no elements to pass those two fields.

How do I sync those two fields?

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Fvsion, The ActiveSync protocol does not currently support the properties that you are asking about. To sync those to a mobile device you would probably want to use EWS. However, EWS is not designed to be used in low-bandwidth scenarios like EAS is. You will have to decide if the performance trade-off is worth it for your solution. The MS-OXWSTASK and MS-OXWSCORE documents provide additional information on how to work with Task objects in EWS.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Fvsion,

Thank you for your question. A member of the Protocol Documentation support team will respond to you soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:22 AM
  • Hi Fvsion, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 3:44 PM
  • Hi Fvsion, The ActiveSync protocol does not currently support the properties that you are asking about. To sync those to a mobile device you would probably want to use EWS. However, EWS is not designed to be used in low-bandwidth scenarios like EAS is. You will have to decide if the performance trade-off is worth it for your solution. The MS-OXWSTASK and MS-OXWSCORE documents provide additional information on how to work with Task objects in EWS.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:53 PM