How to increase the size of promoted property RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm sending a message on Wcf-WebHttp adapter with POST method,

the schema i'm sending in post body includes three properties (promoted properties)

-OrderId
    -ReportStatus
    -ReportPath

now when send this information on to the Post action i'm getting below error

The value of a promoted property cannot exceed 256 characters. Property "ReportPath" Namespace "https://ABC.HL7.Schemas.Api.ReportPathProp".

the property is a string property, in schema i have tried xs:string and xs:anyURI but I wonder why the characters length limit is set to 256, URIs could surpass that limit

Looking forward to some way out to get through it.

appreciate early responses

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Noor,

Seems like you are trying to promote field that has a length of 256 or above. This is not allowed in BizTalk. This is a known limitation. If you are using this for message assignment in orchestration, then writing the Property should be enough? And writing (as opposed to promoting) don't have the 256 char limit!

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Noor,

Seems like you are trying to promote field that has a length of 256 or above. This is not allowed in BizTalk. This is a known limitation. If you are using this for message assignment in orchestration, then writing the Property should be enough? And writing (as opposed to promoting) don't have the 256 char limit!

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:51 AM
  • Hi Noor

If you are not using these promoted properties in the Variable Mapping section in the Adapter Config, you don't need to promote them.

As pointed out by Rachit, there is a 256 char limitation in BizTalk for promoted properties.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, December 5, 2016 12:35 PM