Best CMS / Platform to Add Database Functionality RRS feed

• Question

• User1981701621 posted

I am setting up an election result verification project in South Africa. I need to create a responsive website with user management, where it is easy to add data capture and display functionality (using a separate SQL Server database).

My thought was to use a CMS (so all of the design and user management is done), but then I need to be able to create customized data entry screens with for logged in users, along with numerous other pages that display the results of database queries (like displaying election results at national, provincial and local level, and seeing lists of anomalies identified. The idea is to crowd-source checking of dubious results.

Any suggestions of the best system to get started?  My main experience is with SharePoint (but I am not seeing a way to use SharePoint online from a licensing cost point of view).

Once I choose a system, I am happy to dive in, and handle the individual development tasks, but I don't have the time to build a whole system from scratch, or to experiment with several different systems.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:21 PM

All replies