none
Calendar entries displaying alias rather than full names of attendees RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Recently I experienced one issue about Calendar entries displaying alias rather than full names of attendees.

1. It's based on CDO programming.

2, After tracing the codes one line by one, I' sure the codes have set the proper value to the name filed of Recipient Ptr by PutName() function.

3. We have done some tests and noticed that the issue can be reproduced only when the organizer's account is on the Exchange 2007 server. For Exchange 2010, the issue disappears with no code change.

Based on the above, I doubt the issue should be internally related to the Exchange server version. However, I'm blocked on any further clues from codes or MS KB list.

Have anyone experienced the similar issue and would you please shed more lights to me on it?

Thanks

Monday, November 5, 2012 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I will involve some experts into your issue to see whether they can help you. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:15 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for your support.

Hi All Experts,

Have anyone experienced it and give me some direction? Thanks.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:34 AM
  • By tests, I noticed it's related to input value of calling SetLocaleIDs function. If the value is CP_UTF8, the issue will come up, but OK for CP_ACP.

I'm confused by two points:

1. Why is Exchange 2010 OK regardless of CP_UTF8 and CP_ACP?

2. Why is Exchange 2003 and 2007 OK only for CP_ACP and no any interface call failures or errors for CP_UTF8?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:03 AM
  • Hi James,

In order to understand the issue better, it would really help if you could share the code that you are using. I’ll try to reproduce the issue in one of my test environment and research further on the issue.

Have a nice day.

Shailesh G. Rajput

Microsoft Developer Support - Messaging & Collaboration

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:41 PM