add-in for Outlook application in iphone / ipad / Android RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all , I create some add-in and it's work good in Outlook Desktop and Outlook web on the computer.

I want to know if it's possible to create add-in for the iPhone Outlook application  , iPad Outlook application , and for the Android Outlook application .. or if not what I could do about this?

I don't find any additional information about this..

Thanks !

• Edited by ADD-IN123456 Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:57 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

As you probably understand your Outlook for Web would work on mobile devices browsers. This is the way for now to use your add-in. Outlook Applications on devices are not supported at this point. To check platform availability please refer to: Office Add-in host and platform availability

Hope this helps,

Slava Ivanov

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen Li Friday, December 23, 2016 1:53 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:07 PM
  • Thanx , I try to test my add-in on OWA on iphone for example...But I can't see my add-in in the list there....

I see also this issue here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39618811/owa-add-in-on-ios

but he says that for testing it I must first to publish it... is it have sense ? Or I need to do something special if I want that it's will work on owa ?

Thanks

Sunday, December 25, 2016 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Please see Sideload Office Add-ins on iPad and Mac for testing and Sideload Outlook add-ins for testing .

Notice "Client requirements: non-Windows smartphone and tablet" section in Requirements for running Office Add-ins.

So you need to sideload the manifest firstly.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Great , thanks.  I success to see my add-in in the browser by adding <PhoneSettings> tag to my manifest file ,  but it's not load my page and say 'bad request ' when it's redirect to my HTML page . I read here: https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/overview/add-in-development-best-practices the part of  'optimize for touch ' but I don't understand how I change my current add-in that write in JavaScript,Html and uses the regular fabric  for add-in that work on touch screen. I get into the gitHub of fabric for IOS but it's totaly new and require XCode .. maybe there is another way , or what are my options about this?

Thanks all again !

Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Thanks for your answer but I still not understand , How could I use my current add in on touch screen ? what are the steps I need to do when I have not html and js files ?

It is possible or not  ? I see add-in that work in touch screen .. So how they do this ? What I Need to do about it ?

Thanks again 

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry to misunderstand your question.

In my opinion, if the add-in is loaded successfully and the device supports touch, we could use it. According to your description, you could see the add-in in your phone.

>>but it's not load my page and say 'bad request ' when it's redirect to my HTML page

Could it be loaded successfully now?

Do you mean you could see the HTML page of the add-in in the phone but you are unable to use it?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi , thanks for your help!!

No ,I can't see anything of my add-in on phone . I see it on the list of add-ins but when I click on it nothing- just see screen with 'bad request' ...

I need to change something for it's support on the phone? I write my add in JS and HTML

Thanks again !

Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

The add-in is not loaded successfully, so you could not use it in the phone.

I suggest you post a new thread and share your manifest with us. We could focus on the specific issue why the add-in could not be loaded.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Thanks, I post new thread..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/1b764e78-076d-42b7-be1a-4039754053e4/addin-for-outlook-not-loading-in-phone-owa?forum=appsforoffice

hope you could help me to find why it's not working

thanks

Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you post your solution here for your original issue and mark it as answer, so others would see the solution if they have the same issue.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Friday, January 6, 2017 8:15 AM
  • For see the add-in I just add to manifest under <FormSettings> tag (both for read and edit) :

<PhoneSettings>
            <SourceLocation DefaultValue="....."/>
      </PhoneSettings>

after it you could see your add-in on OWA app or from browsers outlook 365

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen Li Monday, January 9, 2017 1:45 AM
    Sunday, January 8, 2017 2:36 PM