MultiSelect ListBox in DataGridView RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need code to display MultiSelect ListBox in one of the clomuns in a DataGridView. The ListBox should be miltiselect with checkboxes.

thanks

Annant
    • Moved by Figo Fei Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:50 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Annant,

Based on your requirement, it is better to use CheckedListBox instead of ListBox, which supports muti-selection with CheckBoxes. You could follow the similar way shown in the document below to wrap this control and create a new DataGridViewColumn:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7tas5c80.aspx

Regards,
    Aland Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:54 PM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can add an combobox by following code:

DataGridViewComboBoxColumn comboboxcol = new DataGridViewComboBoxColumn();
          dataGridView1.Columns.Add(comboboxcol);

I am trying furthur to display the checkbox within the combobox.

Is this what you want?

Regards,

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Hello Annant,

This requirement is for WPF or Win Forms?

If it is in Winforms then I think you need to review your requirement itself. Bcoz logically how can an gridview have a listbox with multiselect?

Can you please get back with your requirement in detail .

I am sorry if I have interpreted your requirement in an wrong way.

Regards,

Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:58 AM
  • Hi Annant,

Based on your requirement, it is better to use CheckedListBox instead of ListBox, which supports muti-selection with CheckBoxes. You could follow the similar way shown in the document below to wrap this control and create a new DataGridViewColumn:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7tas5c80.aspx

Regards,
    Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:54 PM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Hi Annant,

How is your issue now? Does my reply helps?

Regards,
    Aland Li

Monday, July 5, 2010 2:53 AM