Certification failed. I'm really frustrated. Have some question... RRS feed

• Question

• I have got following response from testers:

A:: Screenshots are required for each language the app is supported in, and those must be localized for each language you select. Note: Screenshots need to be complete, appropriate for ages 12 and under, with localized captions.

My App is in russian language only(it is some kind of Reader with Content from Internet Service which provides ist data only in russian), but I want this App to be available in all Markets(there is People speaking russian leaving around a world right?), so I have selected all Markets in Store... or should I select only russian Market? Would peoples from other countries be able to install my App from Store? What about In-App Purchase?

Also there is 81 Store markets for selection in Dashboard, but only 8 fields for screenshots... How is it possible to add required screenshots for each language??? Also i didn't found any option to add description for separate language. How is it possible to upload Localized App without any capability to localize it in Dashboard?

C:: The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Windows Settings Charm.

OK, thanks to this Forum I know now what it should be in App Setting...

B:: This app stopped responding during the review and we couldn't complete the review of it. (Action: Choose any category Result: Froze)

With wich Hardware will upploaded App be tested? I've tested it under Virtual machine (32bit), Simulator from Visual Studio, Physical PC with 64bit Windows 8, on Fujitsu Tablet PC with Windows 8 32bit and I just can't get it "frozen"!!!  

• Moved by Robert Breitenhofer Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:02 PM English instead German (From:App Entwicklung für Windows 8)
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:14 AM

Answers

• You can include the app in all markets.

You only need to provide screenshots in the languages that the app is localized for. Since your app only has Russian, you only need to supply Russian screenshots and description text.

The Dashboard creates description pages for each language that your app supports. It automatically gets this information from your package. So, if you added English localizations, when you uploaded the new package, there would be an additional page for English automatically.

• Marked as answer by Dzianis Shman Friday, November 23, 2012 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:49 PM

All replies

• You can include the app in all markets.

You only need to provide screenshots in the languages that the app is localized for. Since your app only has Russian, you only need to supply Russian screenshots and description text.

The Dashboard creates description pages for each language that your app supports. It automatically gets this information from your package. So, if you added English localizations, when you uploaded the new package, there would be an additional page for English automatically.

• Marked as answer by Dzianis Shman Friday, November 23, 2012 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Thank you for your answer!

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:15 AM