Not able to see updated job history in the Jobs folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have peer to peer transactional replication set up across four servers. Earlier this week we noticed that the distribution database has grown to a size that took up most of the space on C drive, throwing error " Could not allocate space for object dbo.MSrepl_commands.....". Anyway we decided to overlook this issue for now and proceed to move distribution database to a larger drive. We did it by stopping all the log reader agents and distribution agents, brought distribution database offline, moved the distribution log and data file to the new destination, modified corresponding paths, and eventually brought distribution back online. Then restart replication log reader and distribution agents and everything seemed fine from replication monitor. I am able to do trace tokens. However, on two of the servers, every 10 mins an error "Agent (one of the replication agent) is retrying after an error. 0 retries attempted. See agent job history in the Jobs folder for more details." is thrown. But when I navigated to the Jobs folder and looked at the history of these agents, I didn't see the latest information as job history ceased to update it seems. 

Any help is appreciated.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:57 PM

All replies

• msrepl_command are useful for replication.

refer  why distribution database is full.  

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi Jasper,

Could you share the previous job history for analysis? And you can enable verbose agent logging to get additional details. Please refer to How to enable replication agents for logging to output files in SQL Server.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:23 AM