none
WCF-Oracle Adapter : Receive Location stops automatically RRS feed

• Question

• I have a receive location in my application, where I am using WCF-Oracle adapter. When there is no connectivity the Oracle server the receive location stops automatically. I want that the recieve location either : (1) Sends a notification via email that it is stopping. & (2) It should retry couple of times before shutting down.

Can anybody please guide me in the above scenario. I am trying to resolve it since last couple of days.

Regards,Kandarp

Friday, December 3, 2010 5:13 AM

Answers

• On the port properties, the transport advanced options tab gives you some settings for retry. You might also look at the Schedule options for service windows.

As for sending a custom message when the port fails, you should enable routing for failed messages on this tab and then would need to setup an orchestration for processing the failed messages and filter and then send the error message to an SMTP port. There is not really a simple way to do this out of the box.

Another failure-alert mechanism would be to use MOM/SCOM with the BizTalk management pack or some other operations management software and setup an alert/page when a port fails.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, December 6, 2010 5:18 PM