none
Visual Studio Code extensions

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install the Visual Studio Team Services extension for my Visual Studio but unfortunately due to some policy restrictions, I don't have access to install directly from the marketplace. So I was hoping to be able to sideload it by downloading it but I am unable to find the proper URL for it. Can someone help me out.

Here is the actual link to the extension I am looking for.

Team Services

Narasimham

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Narasimham,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> So I was hoping to be able to sideload it by downloading it but I am unable to find the proper URL for it.

Please have a look at this: VS Code Extension Marketplace and under ‘Common Questions’, you can find the following information:

An extension's direct download URL is in the form:

https://${publisher}.gallery.vsassets.io/_apis/public/gallery/publisher/${publisher}/extension/${extension name}/${version}/assetbyname/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VSIXPackage

For Visual Studio Team Services, the URL would be:

https://ms-vsts.gallery.vsassets.io/_apis/public/gallery/publisher/ms-vsts/extension/team/1.113.0/assetbyname/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VSIXPackage

Once you've downloaded an extension, you can side load it by renaming the file name and extension to .vsix and then using the Install from VSIX... command in the Extensions View command dropdown. See Installing Extensions for more details.

Followed the above steps, I successfully installed this extension as below:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Narasimham,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> So I was hoping to be able to sideload it by downloading it but I am unable to find the proper URL for it.

Please have a look at this: VS Code Extension Marketplace and under ‘Common Questions’, you can find the following information:

An extension's direct download URL is in the form:

https://${publisher}.gallery.vsassets.io/_apis/public/gallery/publisher/${publisher}/extension/${extension name}/${version}/assetbyname/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VSIXPackage

For Visual Studio Team Services, the URL would be:

https://ms-vsts.gallery.vsassets.io/_apis/public/gallery/publisher/ms-vsts/extension/team/1.113.0/assetbyname/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.VSIXPackage

Once you've downloaded an extension, you can side load it by renaming the file name and extension to .vsix and then using the Install from VSIX... command in the Extensions View command dropdown. See Installing Extensions for more details.

Followed the above steps, I successfully installed this extension as below:

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:04 AM
  • Thank you. That worked. I wish it was clearer in the support pages what the sideloading URL is to make it easier in situations like this.

Narasimham

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:44 PM
  • Hi Narasimham,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:32 AM