Exporting global lists and global workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anybody know how to export global lists and workflows from TFS 2017.

I entered the following in command prompt:

witadmin exportgloballist /collection:http://ServerName:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection /f:C:mygloballists.xml

But the exported XML file was empty for both of them, lists and flow.

Sounds familiar maybe ?

Best regards,

Sanja

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Sanja,

Have you created any Global Lists items on your own? If not it is alright to have empty XML, since by default TFS 2017 does not have any system defined or predefined global lists.

(refer the Note in here https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/work/reference/define-global-lists)

Cheers!

Chaminda

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 4:15 PM
  • Hi Sanja,

If you run XAML builds, it will automatically create a global list for this, if you don't run XAML builds, and don't add Global lists on your own, you will see an empty global list like this:

Best Regards 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:34 AM
  • Ok tnx,

I haven't created any global lists yet, I thought there maybe are some predefined.

Thank you for the hint.

Is it the same case with exporting global workflow ? 

With best regards,

Sanja

Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:19 PM
  • Hi Sanja,

There are not predefined global lists in TFS 2017. The same with global workflow.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 3:07 AM