How to extend the VS Code Editor? RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the Visual Studio 2005 SDK via VSIP. The documentation for it doesn't seem to explain very well how to extend the functionality of the Code Editor in VS. It only has an example of how to make your own code editor. Does anyone know of anywhere I can find good examples/articles on extending functionality of the VS Code Editor??
    Friday, January 20, 2006 1:44 AM

Answers

• Christopher,

In developing my vi/vim emulator for VS I've got quite a good grasp of a few tricky issues. I've posted about some of them in the articles section at my web site, which might be of help. I often lurk around here and post about my experience with them as well, so feel free to ask more detailed questions. Of course, Dylan Lingelbach and other kind VS folks are always very helpful here.

J
    ----------------------------------------------------
      ViEmu - vi/vim emulation for Visual Studio

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:53 PM

All replies

• What exactly do you want to extend?  We'll be better able to help you if we know what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Dylan

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:38 PM
  • Christopher,

In developing my vi/vim emulator for VS I've got quite a good grasp of a few tricky issues. I've posted about some of them in the articles section at my web site, which might be of help. I often lurk around here and post about my experience with them as well, so feel free to ask more detailed questions. Of course, Dylan Lingelbach and other kind VS folks are always very helpful here.

J
    ----------------------------------------------------
      ViEmu - vi/vim emulation for Visual Studio

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:53 PM
  • I am looking into creating an addin for Visual Studio that enables ink support to the Code Editor. Do you know any helpfull references you can point me to?

Thanks

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:24 AM