none
Urgent Help Needed On Unhandling Exception error.... RRS feed

• Question

• Below. is the message I get every time I reboot. I am not sure if it's a .NetFrame Work 1.0 or 1.1 error or not. It may be Virtual Studio as I really don't know. Also, may be where I uninstalled some program or another the wrong way, by just deleting the folder instead of using the add and remove programs. I did have 1 program uninstall in-correctly by Revo Pro Uninstaller also about the time I started getting this error. But, I do know in the header error box it does say ".NetFrame Work" though... I just adding these suggestion as it might help you know what the problem might be. I have XP Home 2002 with Service Pack 3 installed. I have repaired the .Net FrameWork 2.0, 3.0 , 3.5 and 4.0. I couldn't repair the 1.0 or the 1.1 as I have deleted my temp folders that must have had something the  installer needed in them. I tried to repair them with the "Installer" located in the "Installer" folder but it ask for some file in the temp directory that I did not have so I had to cancel the repair. Anyway, here is the error I get every time I reboot now. Thank you much for any help you can be.

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

P/S...I am no computer expert....lol.....But I can follow your directions if you might know what I need to do. Thanks again....

I just found a folder in C: , my root drive named autorun.inf. it must have been left over from some virus or another since I ran 3 virus scanners, spy ware and other programs yesterday to remove any thing that needed to be removed. Anyway, if I single clicked, or doubled clicked just on this folder my computer would go Black and restart. So, I just rebooted in Safe Mode and deleted this folder but I looked at it and it was empty but just because it was named autorun.inf i guess made it do what it did. Anyway, after deleting it and rebooting my computer I didn't get the exception this time. I don't think this empty folder, no matter what it was named could have given me the unhandling exception, could it? I thought the error was about some form control process, what ever they are....Anyway, any help appreciated.....

Friday, November 5, 2010 11:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Caji316,

Thank you for posting.

Based on your description and the error information, please check the following suggestions.

Another hand, please check whether or not this error is caused by other App which should be run on the .NET Framework.

I would recommend that you could download .NET Framework Verification Tool to verify if .NET Framework are installed on your side.

Please check: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Regards,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.

• Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Friday, November 12, 2010 5:07 AM
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:33 AM