none
increase the speed of webbrowser control in vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• hello guys , i know it seems a very silly question, but guys let me tell u my story...

guys i am making a webbrowser application in which i used the predefined webbrowser control(wrapper of IE),but saying directly the speed is very slow , i tried to accept this problem , but now it can spoil my application as it seems useless by taking much time to load and navigate..

please guys tell me something , the college project competition is on 15 aug and after working hard by  creating stuff with webbrowser, now i am facing this problem.. plz : (

:(

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:24 PM

All replies

• Are you creating and destroying webbrowser controls over and over?  Or is it a single instance of a control that is giving you problems?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:35 PM
  • yes single instance ,i.e initial loading is itself very slow. actually i am making facebook browser(browsing only facebook).

the scenes become slow when http://www.facebook.com is navigated initially , after which i fill email and password , also 

makes browser slow.

all it happens even my hostel wifi is givig speed upto 300kbps.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Are you saying that performance is worse than just running the browser by itself standalone?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:34 PM
  • yes performance is bad , ie in facebook , much stuff loads very late or not like , chatt box , ajay notifications of freinds and much more,

i am damn sure that it is not due to my coding , help:(

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:52 AM
  • You can get a webpage using httpRequest.  httpRequest will get the webpage with out displaying the graphics so it run much faster, except you cannot see the webpage.

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Net;
    using System.IO;
    namespace ConsoleApplication1
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                string url = @"http://www.microsoft.com";
                HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)HttpWebRequest.Create(url);
                request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
                HttpWebResponse httpresponse = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
                using (Stream stream = httpresponse.GetResponseStream())
                {
                    using (StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(stream))
                    {
                        string response = reader.ReadToEnd();
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

jdweng

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:00 AM
  • joel , you are giving me a console stuff , i am making a facebook browser, so it won't work for me.. 

I worked on google and found that some special DLL,libraries are offered such as gecko..etc  so i want to ask

will it work completely

would it be deployed easily

plz tell me something

Regards 10001010

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:08 PM
  • When you use custom dll in visual studio most peopel create a self extracting ZIP file to deploy the application and include the dll in the zip file.  Depedning on the DLL you may also have to register the dll.

jdweng

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:36 PM
  • My opinion:

I think that if you are expecting to display the contents of a web page correctly, then you should use a compliant web browser.  If you just want to provide an alternate Facebook experience (like an "app" for a mobile device), then you can use Facebook's APIs to get content via HTTP and don't use a browser at all.

The browser process is a finely tuned piece of engineering that handles all kinds of aspects of preloading resources and efficiently managing the address space.  Hosting something in your own process is not going to be as efficient.  I don't recommend it at all.

And my question to you:  Why not let people browse Facebook using their preferred web browser?

The content defines the experience.  There are cases where maybe it shouldn't (for example, ad-block).  Maybe you should be writing a browser plug-in to do what you want?

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Wyck,  i am making a platform(webbrowser) only for facebook browsing in which there are stuff made for the facebook  users only and not the technical peoples like us,i will deploy it on monday and i woul post it to msdn also.I am not using any application programminng interface of facebook etc . but stuff that i used are only

<............................................................................webbrowser elements.......................................................>lolz 

i know it is not an intelligent and smart move but what to do i am not knowing , how to use api softwares and as i said 15 aug is deadline so i select this creepy idea.....

even i am seeing speed of 115 kbps, i am not understanding why it is slow :( :( :( :( :( :(

i am in india , what are the average speed in your nation, will it work properly there

NOW,Wyck this is specially for you , can you help me,,,plz

101010201001010101010101001 regards

Friday, August 3, 2012 12:43 PM
  • What do you think of this answer?
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:21 AM
  • hey wyck , i found the bug , the speed of webbowser was fine  actually , but it was making laziness because of the fact , >> i was using three webbrowser in a single form using tabcontrols, that was  a foolish step , when i removed the two webbrowser control and left the main for use , i found that speed showed some good changes. :)

BUT when i saw right , i was still missing the chat box and notification ajax box , wtf.

When i tried the os internet explorer the same changes were found there ,,,, no chat box and etc..

Now what i should doo..

101010101001 regards

Sunday, August 5, 2012 4:08 PM