none
Cut and Paste multiple cells from Excel into Expression Web table RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not very familiar with Expression Web as I was tasked to "figure it out" - I have a page that was created by a previous employee and it has a table on it. I'm able to Create the needed rows, but when I try to cut and paste multiple cells from Excel into the multiple cell of the table, all the data pastes to a single cell on the table. Is there a way to accomplish multiple cell to multiple cell cut and paste ?
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:05 PM

All replies

• You didn't mention what version of Expression Web you are using.  I doubt it would make a difference, but I am using Expression Web 4.

To paste Excel into Expression web, copy the cells and paste them indo Design View but NOT into an existing table.  That will create a new table with the rows you copied.

In Code View, copy the rows from this new table into the location in the original table where you want them, then delete the new table.

You need to be familiar with HTML for a table to do this: the rows are each contained by <tr> ... </tr> tags, inside of which will be the <td>..</td> tags with the individual cell information.  You want to copy the row or rows, complete with the opening and closing tr tag, into the existing table, positioned where you want it to appear.  That would be below the last </tr> in the existing table but before the </table> tag, if you are adding it to the end of the table.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Proposed as answer by fcphdJim Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:09 PM
  • Thank you very much Kathleen - Fortunately I am familiar enough with HTML as I had to manipulate the code a bit to get it where I wanted but your suggestion worked - And it was Expression Web 4

Jim

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:27 PM