Can't upgrade project to Visual Studio 2015 RC RRS feed

Answers

• Did you choose a custom install and choose LightSwitch as I think it is an optional component. You can add the extra feature.

Have been using the RC with new projects and testing extensions but not tried any upgrades (yet!).

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by Norman Armas Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yannick Smits Friday, May 1, 2015 12:37 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Hmm, if i do file>new project I don't see any lightswitch projects. Also changing the install I don't see any Lightswitch components that need to be checked (just to make sure i tried the Silverlight option but that didn't help). 

Could it be that Visual Studio Community edition doesn't support Lightswitch? It did in 2013...

Update: Just  checked the installer for the enterprise edition and indeed there is an optional Lightswitch install. Hope it will make it to the community edition once RTM.

IT Architect www.Goyaweb.nl The Hague, The Netherlands

• Edited by Yannick Smits Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:02 PM update
    • Marked as answer by Yannick Smits Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:02 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:28 PM

All replies

• Did you choose a custom install and choose LightSwitch as I think it is an optional component. You can add the extra feature.

Have been using the RC with new projects and testing extensions but not tried any upgrades (yet!).

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by Norman Armas Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yannick Smits Friday, May 1, 2015 12:37 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:27 PM
  • Hmm, if i do file>new project I don't see any lightswitch projects. Also changing the install I don't see any Lightswitch components that need to be checked (just to make sure i tried the Silverlight option but that didn't help). 

Could it be that Visual Studio Community edition doesn't support Lightswitch? It did in 2013...

Update: Just  checked the installer for the enterprise edition and indeed there is an optional Lightswitch install. Hope it will make it to the community edition once RTM.

IT Architect www.Goyaweb.nl The Hague, The Netherlands

• Edited by Yannick Smits Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:02 PM update
    • Marked as answer by Yannick Smits Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:02 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:28 PM