none
How to only allow Bing maps API to return geocode based on strictly correct address? RRS feed

• Question

• pass address: 1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960 and 1 main st, Peabody, CT, 01960, the bing map returns me same geocode. I check out Json result, addressline, actually api corrects me the address to MA one and gives me MA one's geo for second address past over. and see the MatchCode says "Good"

How to not to allow Bing map to do this?, my application needs to validate user address which can have valid geocode, but somehow, if user put CT with MA zip code, API corrects it and gives the MA Geocode. I preferred api to return the geocode based on strictly correct address combination.

I use .net webservice to call bing map.

How do I set it up? Please help

Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:14 AM

Answers

• Just tried this and I can't reproduce this. Searching for "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960 " returns a result for "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960 "

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:09 PM
  • The issue is that there is no "1 main st, Peabody CT, 01960" according to the USPS. The goal of a geocoder is to try an find the closest and most likely result. In this case "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960" is a great result for this input. If you want to add some additional filtering, you can have the REST services return the query parse information. This will provide you with a parsed version of your input address which you can then use to compare property by property with the resulting address to see what is different.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:53 PM

All replies

• Just tried this and I can't reproduce this. Searching for "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960 " returns a result for "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960 "

Monday, July 24, 2017 11:09 PM
  • Thanks for reply. If you pass 1 main st, Peabody, CT, 01960, it will give you back 1 main st, Peabody,MA, 01960,

Is there any way can restrict this?

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:44 PM
  • The issue is that there is no "1 main st, Peabody CT, 01960" according to the USPS. The goal of a geocoder is to try an find the closest and most likely result. In this case "1 main st, peabody, MA, 01960" is a great result for this input. If you want to add some additional filtering, you can have the REST services return the query parse information. This will provide you with a parsed version of your input address which you can then use to compare property by property with the resulting address to see what is different.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:53 PM