SharePoint Designer Workflow Task Outcomes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When creating tasks using SharePoint Designer, it is possible to change the "Task OutComes" add new buttons or remove buttons. The question is how to get these outcomes by code ? Suppose I have access to the current task using the code, how is it possible to know the outcomes defined using the designer.

Thank you

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Don,

Could you elaborate your requirement ?

Did you mean that you created a Task list using SharePoint Designer 2007, then add a column "Task OutComes" and want to get this column value by code using Visual Studio ?

You can use code oSPListItem[yourList.Fields["Task OutComes"].InternalName].ToString() like this article.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 9, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi Daniel

Suppose I created a task using sharepoint designer 2010, and this task has number of buttons added. As you know you can add buttons and name them as you wish, when the user presses on his/her task these buttons will be shown. However I have a custom page and I want to know the buttons for each task to be able to display them on the page. I hope you've got my point.

Thank you

Friday, March 9, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Hello Daniel,

In SP2010, the out of box forms for workflow Task is processed by hosting page (WrkTaskIP.aspx) on the Server, if you want to customize the forms, it is easier that you do customizations on the oob forms. Or you can create Custom New forms with SharePoint Designer and then do customizations on the Custom New Forms.

If you want to start a brand new .aspx page and put the task buttons there, you will have to start from scratch to develop the code to process Task because the buttons on the forms pages are not independent, it passes data to WrkTaskIP.aspx and processing happens there.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jing Wang | Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:29 PM