none
Macro RRS feed

• Question

• Folks - is it pretty easy to create a macro to perform these functions?

- open a file within excel that is sort of a template that is going to be used to filter data off my current file

- then perform a function using Data -> advanced

- After that is processed which usually takes 45 second, sort by a particular column

- then, delete any columns which show two keywords in the same above column

I may hire someone to do the above but just trying to understand amount of time it'll take for someone who knows macros - is 1-2 hours sufficient?

Thanks

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, those functions are pretty easy to create in a macro. You can record a new macro, do the stuff you want, stop the recording, and get a code baseline which you can modify as required.

Best regards, Kjetil :) Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

My blog

Monday, May 1, 2017 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

I notice you are looking for some Macro codes for your requirement. To get more suggestion, I would move this thread to Excel for Developers forum for more help.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:12 AM
  • Hello,

You could visit Automate tasks with the Macro Recorder to see how to record a macro.

If you have any new issues when modifying the macro, I suggest you post new threads and share your code and clarify the error and situation, then we could focus on specify issue to perfect the macro.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:30 AM