Blank Line between values in a list RRS feed

• Question

• User-226512055 posted
    I was trying to use the numbered option of the Decoration property, when displaying text with the list control, to help the user distinguish where one row ends and another begins. Here is a dreadful graphical representation of my point. . . ------------------------ | 1. Hello, I am a | long string of text | 2. Hello again, I | am another long | string of text | 3. And so on ---------------------- ------------------------ | Hello, I am a long | string of text | Hello again, I am | another long string | text | And so on ---------------------- As you can see the difference is subtle, but I think its worth the effort for the users sake. However, it looks like I can't rely on the decoration property working on all phones, so I have decided to change my approach. What I would like to do now is put a blank line between each row. Can anyone tell me how to do this (with a list control or something else), or even dare to suggest a better way of displaying the text. Thanks Mark
    Thursday, August 12, 2004 5:03 AM

All replies

• User2085740027 posted
    Hi, Why don't you use a Mobile Textview control for displaying the text. The TextView control displays arbitrary amounts of text, with optional markup tags. The format of the text in a TextView control is identical to that in literal text on a form. However, unlike literal text on a form, you can set the text in a TextView control. The TextView control supports internal pagination.
    Friday, August 13, 2004 2:09 PM
  • User-1038603927 posted
    Hi I am using a List Control as I am reading the text from a database, so the number of lines is arbitrary. Could I still use the TextView control under these circumstances, or is it only for one block of text? Mark
    Friday, August 13, 2004 4:28 PM
  • User2085740027 posted
    Hi, You can get the data from the database and do the text formating as u like and then set the text to the textview control.
    Saturday, August 14, 2004 1:58 PM