Display a database in the artboard and data binding using c#

Question

• how can i bind a database to be displayed at the artboard in visual studio 2013 blend. I switched to create a database using data from the windows menu but i can't understand the binding to the database. i need simplified steps, if anybody out there knows it please help us with it.
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:33 AM

Answers

• 1) Create a database on the internet that has web services used to access the queries you want to run.

2) Access these web services from your app.

You can connect to web services like this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/12/21/help-me-how-do-i-connect-to-an-asmx-web-service.aspx

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:18 PM

All replies

• This is the first time I've heard the term "artboard". Can you explain about it?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:38 PM
  • the artboard is nothing but the design window that is showed when we click the xaml pages. and i need some assistancy in doing my app.

The exact point is that i have to display some information in table format in my app that i am doing it in c# but i don't know in which i have to create a database some say to create in sqlite,i have tried it too but it won't work properly.

I just need to show my information shortly as a table form in the app so i need simple coding and i also tired of searching about connecting a database to vs 2013 that i'm using currently.. 

Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:41 PM
  • if you just help me with some sort of codings and steps bcz displaying the database is the only part remaining in my app to finish it and i am very close to reach my submission date.
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:43 PM
  • You can get the information out the database using SQL query. Put that information into an object, bind your display to that object. Which part are you having problems with?  Web search has all kinds of information about XAML databinding:
    http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=WLETDF&PC=WLEM&q=XAML+data+binding&src=IE-SearchBox

Monday, March 24, 2014 1:01 PM
  • which database is better to be created in an app that wants to synchronize from the net every time when we press the update button.
    Monday, March 24, 2014 5:26 PM
  • Why not just forget the database in the app and synch directly with the internet?

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:56 PM
  • but we don't know how to synchronize from internet to an app . anyway i just need the look of my app should be displayed like in table . in my app i want to invite friends with the particular row of information which is checked through the table and that's it. it would be helpful is guide us with any reference websites or some sort of materials sir.

i have tried out the visual studio toolbox sample given by Robert Green but i don't know somehow it displays errors.                                                                         

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:23 AM
  • can you please tell me exactly how can i synchronize it from the internet.? please do help sir i am meeting my time constraints sir.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 3:50 PM
  • 1) Create a database on the internet that has web services used to access the queries you want to run.

2) Access these web services from your app.

You can connect to web services like this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/12/21/help-me-how-do-i-connect-to-an-asmx-web-service.aspx

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:18 PM