none
Datatype/Size of Data in BTH_LE_GATT_CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE Structure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently working on a BLE application, and I'm having trouble with the size of the Data in the BTH_LE_GATT_CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE structure.

The sample here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh450806(v=vs.85).aspx points out that the Data is a pointer, but while coding, I tried the sample and it did not work, because VS sees the Data as an array instead of a pointer.

I want to send more than 4 Bytes of data or more than 4 in length, but I cannot resize the Data, I tried the malloc() and realloc(), and both did not work. I also tried assigning a larger value in DataSize, and that did not work too.

Is there a way to resize the size of Data?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:22 AM

Answers

• BTH_LE_GATT_CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE is an open ended structure. You have to compute the sizeof(BTH_LE_GATT_CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE)+size o your data as the size you pass to malloc/HeapAlloc/etc. Note that operator new() by default won't work with a structure like this. So your call to malloc would look like this for a 4 byte valu

malloc(sizeof( BTH_LE_GATT_CHARACTERISTIC_VALUE)+4)

ma

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:28 PM