Semantic zoom

Question

• Hi,

I am using semantic zoom control with grid view. How to zoom in/scroll into particular group using semantic zoom control ?

Thanks,

Vijay

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• You click on that item and it zooms in.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:51 PM
  • If I do this it just zooms in and shows always the first group.

I tested it with the sample available.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:51 PM
  • You mentioned grid view, which suggests that you're actually working with XAML instead of HTML. This forum is focused on the latter, whereas XAML is covered in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/threads.

I bring this up because what you're observing is a known issue with the XAML GridView control with semantic zoom. So far as I know, however, it's not a problem with an HTML/WinJS ListView control using grid layout

.Kraig

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:03 PM
  • Well, I've managed to use semantic zooming without any problems here. You shouldn't have any major problems if you share the same grouped data source with the zoomed in and zoomed out views. 

Luis Abreu

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:00 PM
  • I verified the Semantic Zoom Sample on the Consumer Preview works fine.  Vijay and Loki, please try that to verify.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Loki and Vijay,

What language are you programming in?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:28 PM
  • I have tried in release preview as well. Still the scrolling is not working. It always scrolls to the first item.

I am using XAML with C#.

Thanks,

Vijay

Saturday, June 9, 2012 8:46 PM