'This database has not been configured for mirroring' but it has RRS feed

• Question

• Ok i am very new to the word of mirroring in sql 2005, i am trying to get it to work, i have 3 servers

my witness server

mirror server and then of course the principal server, all are completely different servers.

I have a copy of the db on the princapal and the mirror server (excatly the same, snapshot)

right click on the princapal db and go to properties choose mirroring run through the' configure security' wiarzd

it resolves all my other DB server as it should. (using the same sql authentication also tried windows intergrated)

when i start the mirror i get unable to start

This database has not been configured for mirroring

what am i not doing???
    how do i configure this damn thing?

thanks

Brad

Monday, June 4, 2007 7:04 AM

All replies

• Take a Full and a Transaction log backup of your Principal.

Copy those files accross to the target partner server

You already a database created with the same name I presume.

Restore the Full and the Transaction log backup over the target partner database and remember to check the 'With NORECOVERY' option check box.

You may also need to check the 'Overwrite the existing database' and modify the file paths if the source and target servers do not have identical paths for the data files (This only applies for the Full recovery).

This will leave the target partner database in a restoring state (refresh the database view to check this, it will have a little green arrow next to it).

Now go through the same steps you described again, it should work.

• Proposed as answer by Subramani K Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 3:29 AM
  • Thank you J M

I had similar issue, and this step worked perfectly fine.

Restoring the Full and the Transaction log backup over the target partner database 'With NORECOVERY' option check box   &

Ensuring the  target partner database in a restoring state are key prior redoing steps.

* * Also it's recommended to use the Endpoints that were created during the above failed process than dropping and recreating

Subbu

Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:36 AM